To become very familiar with fairy stories.
- Fairy stories
- Albert Einstein once said ‘If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be very intelligent, read them more fairy tales’.
So on his advice, provide lots of fairy stories, and ask children to find a magical place in the garden to read them, or read them aloud for younger children.
- Ask children to look for trees that look like they might have a fairy living in them.
- Find a bit of bark in the tree that looks like the fairy’s front door.
- Children could do a bit of gardening for the fairy; put some stones down for a pathway, and decorate her garden with flowers and pine cones.
- Sit in a circle and start with the words ‘If I was a fairy, I would…’ Ask each child to come up with something they would do if they were a fairy.