Halloween is just around the corner! For spooky fun, find out how to make these simple Halloween crafts.
Here are our favourite Halloween crafts to make with your children. Have a fang-tastic time!
Source: Vicky Barone
1) Pumpkin apple stamps
Pumpkin apple stamps are perfect for Halloween and we’re sure your little ones will love making them.
- Orange, green and black paint
- Paint brushes
- Sheet of white paper
- Cut your apples in half
- Pretend the inside of the apple is a stamp: dip it in orange paint and stamp it on white paper
- Finally, paint a leaf and stem of the top of your pumpkins using green paint and a paint brush, and paint on a spooky face using the black paint – your pumpkin apple stamps are ready!
Source: Red Ted Art
2) Halloween lanterns
These easy mason jar Halloween lanterns will make your home look super Halloween-y. Plus, they’re so easy to make and really spooky!
- A couple of big, clean jam jars
- Orange tissue paper
- PVA glue
- Black paper
- Artificial tea lights
- Cut your tissue paper in squares, cover the jar in glue and apply the tissue paper.
- Cut Jack O’Lantern faces out of black paper and glue them on the tissue paper
- To finish, place the artificial tea lights inside.
Source: Bren Did
3) Tangerine pumpkins – healthy Halloween snack
You’ll only need 2 ingredients to make these fun and healthy Halloween snacks.
- A few tangerines
- Celery stalks
- Peel your tangerines
- Cut 1 or 2 celery stalks into small pieces
- Insert the celery in the middle of each tangerine so that they look like pumpkin stems
Source: The Simple Parent
4) Paper plate pumpkins
These spooky paper plate pumpkins are super easy to make. Even the smallest adventurers can make them with (almost) no assistance.
- Paper plates
- Black paper or marker
- Green pipe cleaner
- Orange paint
- Cover your plates in orange paint
- Cut out the shape of eyes, mouth and nose from black paper or draw them with a black marker
- Curl a pipe cleaner around a pencil and attach to the plate
- Your paper plate pumpkin is ready!
Source: Ma's & Pa's
5) Wooden spoon bats
These lovely wooden spoon bats are such an easy Halloween craft - perfect for the little artists.
- Wooden spoons
- Black paper
- Black, white and red paint
- Paint your spoons and let them dry
- Cut bat wings from black paper. Tip: fold the paper in half, draw a bat wing shape and cut it out. Paint on thin lines in white paint. Glue to the spoon to attach
- Cut two bat ears from black paper (two small triangles), paint tiny pink triangles in the middle, and glue them to the top of the spoon
- Paint on the eyes, smile and fangs
- Your bats are ready!