Halloween is nearly here and it's the perfect time to start planning simple half term activities to entertain your little ones. Our friends at Craft & Crumb have come up with this super fun recipe for vampire cookies which is sure to bring a smile to their faces.
This simple recipe involves baking delicious chocolate chip cookies, then sandwiching together the cookie halves with red water icing, adding marshmallows for teeth, and adding white chocolate button halves to look like fangs. Perfect for sharing with friends at the Halloween party!
Read on for the super simple recipe. Makes 10 cookies.
Craft & Crumb are offering 10% off their Halloween Kits (and the ultimate cookie kit which can be used for this recipe) exclusively for Muddy Puddles customers until 31st October. Just enter code 'MP10' at the checkout when placing your order on www.craftandcrumb.com.Ingredients:
- 120g butter, softened
- 75g light brown sugar
- 75g golden caster sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 180g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150g dark chocolate, cut into chunks (or Milk choc if you prefer sweeter cookies)
- red colouring
- 100g icing sugar
- Mini white marshmallows
- White chocolate buttons
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line two baking sheets with parchment.
- Cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Once combined, stir in the flour, bicarb, chocolate and ¼ tsp salt and mix until it’s a dough.
- Scoop 10 large tbsps of the mixture onto your trays, (make sure you leave enough space between each to allow for spreading) Bake for 10-12 mins or until firm at the edges but still soft in the middle – they will harden a little as they cool.
- Leave to cool on the tray or transfer to a wire rack to cool completely
- Mix 1-2 tablespoons of water or milk with your icing sugar then add a few drops of your red colouring and mix well.
- Once the cookies are cold cut them in half and spread red icing on to each side using the back of a spoon.
- Add your mini marshmallows to one half as if they were teeth then pop the other half on top.
- Finish by cutting a white chocolate button in half and inserting 2 halves into the marshmallows at the front to create the fangs.
- Complete Step 3 with all the rest of your cookies and line them up ready for your Halloween table!