We know that packing for a ski holiday with children can be a daunting task, so we’ve come to the rescue with a handy ski packing list.
One of the key things to think about before heading to the slopes with children is to make sure they are kitted out correctly. Warm kids are happy kids after all!
As the correct gear is vital, here are some key items to remember when packing for a ski holiday with children.
1) Base layersLayering is the key and warm and protective thermal base layers are essential for any ski trip with children. Pack lots of layers and extra sets of thermals – they will be a life saver on a cold, windy day. Good quality thermals will keep little ones warm whatever the weather and wick away any moisture.
Thermal Base Layers from £20
2) Accessories and socksAlthough children will be in helmets most of the time, they will need a toasty hat for après-ski time. Good quality ski gloves or mittens are essential – they should be ultra-waterproof, have sturdy rubber palms for better grip and keep fingers warm in the snow.
3) Winter jacket or an all-in-one snowsuitOur ski jackets have been designed with all young skiers in mind. They have extra warm insulation, protective waterproof outer shell, a zip off snowskirt, ski pass holder, wrist warmers with thumb loops to prevent snow going up the sleeve and a removable or foldaway hood that will not get in the way of the ski helmet. For smaller skiers a ski suit is great. Lots of our customers love our scampsuit for skiing, it is super waterproof and perfect for snowy days and the zip out removable fleece means it can be easily adjusted for warmer days.
3-in-1 Scampsuit £80
4) SalopettesWateproof salopettes or waterproof trousers paired with a ski jacket will be perfect for older children. Make sure they have elasticated bottoms to fit over snowboots and reinforced fabric on the bottom and knees to make sure they withstand the rough and tumble of snowy adventures.
5) Snow bootsA pair of sturdy, waterproof and warm snowboots is a ski holiday must-have. We recommend packing a pair of snowboots that can be worn in to town after skiing or back in the UK as well on icy, cold days.
Snow Boots £45